TEACHER ASSISTANT ONE / TOPSHAM PRESCHOOL
|April 23, 2014 - May 30, 2014|
|Salary Range:||Hourly Wage|
|Benefits:||Woodfords Family Services is able to provide Health, Dental, Life, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term-Disability insurance for our eligible employees. Time–off benefits and 10 paid holidays are also included. Employees can elect voluntary insurance (Accident, Critical, Whole Life, Supplemental Disability, Cancer and Health) as well. Woodfords offers an annuity, with an employer match of up to 1% after two years of employment. |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Early Childhood Services - Topsham|
|Description:||The Teacher Assistant I is responsible for working with the Lead Teacher in guiding children toward the fulfillment of their potential for cognitive, social and emotional growth and maturation.|
|Duties:||1. Complies with all rules and policies in regards to safety.|
2. Complies with all rules, regulations and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Fiscal Handbook, Operations Manual and Program Handbook.
3. Helps Lead Teacher develop, plan, and implement developmentally appropriate and/or ABA curriculum and methods.
4. Assists Lead Teacher in development of each child’s individual goals and objectives.
5. Sets up and maintains appropriate learning environment.
6. Attends and participates in required meetings.
7. Meets monthly with the Lead Teacher for supervisory meetings.
8. Has frequent collateral contact with therapists and other members of the child’s team.
9. Maintains accurate daily progress notes, data collection, attendance records and completes all paperwork in a timely manner.
10. Maintains discretion and confidentiality of child and family information at all times.
11. Alerts Lead Teacher to any problems or social information about an individual child.
12. Assumes temporary responsibility for the learning environment in the absence of Lead Teacher.
13. Seeks professional growth through reading, attending workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or completing advanced course work.
14. Communicates professionally at all times with consumers, family members, consultants, elementary school personnel, referral sources and other providers.
15. Performs daily activities such as, but not limited to, reading, playing and doing activities with the children, changing diapers, food preparation, as well as the cleaning and organizing of the physical space.
16. Functions as a shadow in inclusionary settings.
17. Actively participates in pre-service and in-service information and training sessions.
18. Performs such other appropriate and position-related duties and assumes such other responsibilities as the Lead Teacher may assign.
|Qualifications:||1. A minimum of two years experience and the desire to work with children with special needs.|
2. Must be an American Citizen or maintain legal alien status.
3. Must have Ed Tech III certification.
4. Must have a valid driver’s license. Driving to/from fieldtrips may be necessary.
5. Must possess the ability to deal with the stress of the position in an appropriate manner.
6. Must possess the mental, physical and emotional health to carry out the position of Teacher Assistant I of the Early Childhood Services’ program.
**A minimum of a Bachelors in Special Education, Early Childhood or a related field.