CHILDREN'S CASE MANAGER
|October 01, 2013 - October 16, 2013|
|Benefits:||Woodfords Family Services is able to provide Health, Dental, Life, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term-Disability insurance for our eligible employees. Time–off benefits and 10 paid holidays are also included. Employees can elect voluntary insurance (Accident, Critical, Whole Life, Supplemental Disability, Cancer and Health) as well. Woodfords offers an annuity, with an employer match of up to 1% after two years of employment.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Community Case Management - Children's Case Management|
|Description:||Woodfords Family Services is seeking a Children's Case Manager |
The Community Case Manager will be responsible for working with individuals with disabilities and their families to provide support, advocacy, linkage to services and to encourage and support family empowerment and self-sufficiency.
|Duties:||Essential Job Functions:|
• Ensures compliance with all rules and regulations as set forth in the Employee Handbook, Program Procedure Manual and Agency Operations Manual.
• Follows agency safety guidelines in performance of work duties and alerts supervisor of potential safety issues.
• Respects, enforces, and upholds consumer rights.
• Supports long-and short-term planning goals of case management.
Serves as case manager for eligible children and their families.
• Meets regularly with child and family in a variety of settings to assess consumer functioning, progress, quality of life and health and safety issues, and to address any concerns identified.
• Possess knowledge regarding community resources and assists families with referrals to such resources.
• Provides general support to each family, allowing them the chance to discuss concerns, frustrations, loss and grief and the challenges that are unique to their family situation.
• Possesses knowledge of developmental disabilities and mental health diagnosis and seeks support regarding clinical questions from supervisor.
• Maintains prompt and regular communication with all families served.
• Conducts strength and needs assessments for all children and facilities family wrap around meetings as needed.
• Serves as a liaison with other agencies involved in providing other types of services to the child (public schools, behavioral health agencies, consultants, etc.) to ensure appropriate level of care and where deficient, direct additional resources.
• Identifies and reports any suspected or observed abuse and/or neglect of a child.
• Meets program productivity expectations.
• Achieves timely compliance with billing deadlines and state managed care continued stay review process.
• Provides triage to consumers with emergency situations.
• Maintains paperwork compliance and achieves satisfactory results with agency quality assurance reviews.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned by Program Director or Designee.
• Ensures compliance with all regulations related to either DHHS or oversight or funding.
• Attends Transition Council Meetings and possesses knowledge of the Transition Planning Process and Adult Services. (Transition Specialist only)
• Serves as a resource to the chosen pilot school and works with the community to build natural and community supports for families served. (Site Based Case Manager –only).
1. Must possess a Bachelors Degree in Social Work or related Human Service field (LSW Preferred).
2. Must possess at least (3) three years experience in the field.
3. Must be knowledgeable about regulatory guidelines
4. Must possess a valid State of Maine driver’s license and have use of a vehicle.
5. Must possess good organization, communication, decision making, and human relation skills.
6. Must possess adequate skills in the area of word processing and data entry.
7. Must possess the ability to deal with the stress of the position in an appropriate manner, and prioritize.
8. Must possess the mental, physical and emotional health to carry out the position of Case Manager of the Children’s Case Management Program.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.